Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lots of things

I'm thinking about the day, mostly. Lots happened. Here are the highlights in order.

1. I was wide awake this morning after sleeping for three hours. This is a phenomenon that occurs every time I get sick. I sleep so much to recover that my body is completely saturated in pure "rest." So I need little to none the day after I recover.

2. A man yelled at me at my job. I'm very good at being polite when this happens.

3. I enjoyed a coffee--really enjoyed it--because I didn't need it at all.

4. I actually had fun in Bio lab. My three partners and I were fumbling with fruit fly food (smelly blue stuff that looks like mashed potatoes), Vaseline, and 2L soda bottles to make fabricated environments to show how Natural Selection works. It was messy and funny, and at one point, one of us said, "Don't hit me, Mo! Gynaaa!" when we nearly spilled and ruined everything. I've never laughed in science class before... not THAT hard.

5. I got to dress up like a bee and perform a poem. It made me miss speech club.

6. I continued to write a children's story that I really think might measure up with the ones I've been studying. All I really care about it that Ada likes it, though.

7. It was 99 cent waffle cone Wednesday, and they were not out of mint chip.

There you are--7 reasons why this has been one of the best days so far this year.

2 comments: