Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'd rather not work with parents in school

'Just got a call from a classmate... a 40-50 something classmate with an 8-10 year old kid who has the flu. Parents have more damn germs to worry about. I know it's a valid excuse. I KNOW people my age can get sick too. She's awesome for coming back to school, actually. But my God, I've had to deal with more kid-related excuses in college than I'd care to name.

Of course, in the kinder part of my brain, I'm totally understanding. I sent her an email telling her not to worry about it, because she shouldn't. Her kids' health comes first, and she's smart for not coming to class and possibly spreading it around.

But damnit... we might not even get to present tomorrow, because SHE has a lot of the supplies we need.

2 comments:

  1. Show up at her door with a gas mask on and say the magic words "Trick or Treat". Meaning you want her supplies. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all worked out! Our teacher let us go on without her, and she's going to make it up somehow. None of us could afford to drive 45 miles (that's just one way) to pick up the supplies!

    ReplyDelete