Thursday, December 3, 2009

Squirrels and relationships

I love eavesdropping. I can't even pretend not to.

Conversation to my left:

"I just don't like not being in a relationship. Because I like... don't like.... being... alone?"

"Oh, totally. So how's that guy--?"

"I don't know... I mean he's not a bad person, but...I don't know. I just don't wanna go to that party alone."

Not so bad, right? But my favorite part comes after I left to order my coffee and returned:

"Sometimes I'll see a run-over squirrel and be like 'oh, it sucks to be that squirrel' but then I'm like, it's just a squirrel, ya know? People die, like, every day."

--Which is completely true. When you think about the crimes against humanity that occur every day, a flattened rodent seems a lot less sad.

And now one of the girls is talking about how she doesn't like babies, and there was this one time when a baby drooled on her Harvard hoodie. She also doesn't like their oral fixations. OH, good, now the other one's talking about Freud!

No comments:

Post a Comment