Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dreams, 1/9/10

I can't keep track of how many times I've written about dreams--once, twice, or never at all. And since this is just a casual online journal, I can't be bothered to backtrack. So here's an [another] installment on weird dreams:

Last night I dreamed that my dad was chasing family members around with one of those dull training epees and whipping us with it. It really hurt, so I had to get a wooden spoon and start whapping him with it to make him stop. He didn't understand why we were so upset. Then I found out that I had a son I didn't know about. Who knows how that's possible? But his name was Jonothan, and mom introduced me to him, reminding me that I had been pregnant for the past 9 months, and TADA!

So I strapped him into my monster truck and took him to meet his father, who I assumed was my boyfriend. He ran a hot dog stand on the side of a freeway, just like the guy in that old 1950s cartoon. I took a detour first to my grandma's house. She had died, and these gangsters were using it for a meth lab. I ran over all of them. By this time, Jonothan had learned how to talk and was saying that he was scared. I replied that it's ok, because they were "bad guys."

Finally, I found Jake grilling dogs on the side of the road. He seemed surprisingly calm and even happy about having a son. That's when I started to suspect that this pregnancy was some sort of shady conspiracy put together by he and my mother. You know how those men get the baby fever... Of course, I woke up just a few seconds later.

No comments:

Post a Comment