Sunday, January 3, 2010

Real resolution

I always resolve to get healthier and read more and stuff like that. All I really want this year is to be more honest, and by that I mean bite my tongue less. There are too many moments where I missed out on showing people the real me--people who are going to be in my life forever and should know me by now. But to save a lot of time and aggravation, anything that will cause an uncomfortable silence or an argument dissolves before it can escape my mouth. Some of it is necessary, but most of it isn't. There will be baby steps, but this is going to be a more honest year for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I too am of the "if it's something I can eventually live with, I'll just keep it to myself to avoid trouble" ilk, and it's mostly just led to me being unhappy and not even being able to say why. I'm hoping to also be more honest this year, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're old and ugly like me, you can tell people to go to hell, and proceed to eat your oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete