Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rag-Eww,

Sometimes, when I'm cooking a big pot of week-long pasta, I feel guilty. Two years in culinary school, and I'm still pouring canned pasta sauce into a pot, putting a little water in the jar, shaking it, and then pouring the watery excess in. Pasta sauce is fairly easy, although it takes a little more time.

Then I think about how I'm going to be singing the national anthem next year and need to practice. Then I think about owning a quality ukulele soon and being able to practice more and get better. Then I think about how I've dreamed about being a published author much longer than I dreamed about having a cooking show.

Then I feel better.

And I eat my pasta with my canned sauce after adding a little more seasoning.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe try practicing and preparing for this: singing the national anthem while playing the ukulele, while standing in front of a small display table with copies of your cookbook for sale, and while your friend video-tapes your event for public-television replay.

    ReplyDelete