Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm not judging.

I just can't help but note visual oddities when I'm walking around campus.

Oddity #1: A 20-something man with his girlfriend at the Storyville tshirt shop. Nothing unusual, except that he's wearing a shirt that says "Mom likes me best." Unless that phrase is on a onesie, it's really unsettling. Does not bode well for the relationship unless that girl is really into videotaping him at the park and cutting his dinner into safe, bite-sized pieces.

Oddity #2: School spirit is no surprise at my university, but this girl looked like the idea of school spirit had eked out of someone's mind and started a life of its own. There she strolled through the quad in a horribly bright yellow sundress, fuzzy Tiger slippers, and offensively large purple jewelry. They looked like jumbo bath beads. Plus I think there was a fuzzy purple headband in her pixie cut. I pricked my finger just to make sure my blood is still red. Despite 3 years here, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment