Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm not a math and science girl.

Why is it that no matter where I am in my life, I'm certain I'll never leave that period? As a child, I felt I would never stop being a child. That was just fine, too. It was the same when I was a teenager, except that frustration had taken the place of contentment. Now that I'm an adult, at least in body, there isn't any apparent end to my twenties. I mean, there has to be, but it's so hard to imagine. Impatience or frustration isn't driving me to write this, because I have learned to be content with where I am. It's more of a feeling of wonder. Living in the moment still feels like a chore after years of futile planning. It feels like some incredible feat.

How do the 4th-and-so-on dimensions work? I've heard they have something to do with time. It sounds very interesting, but it's hard to comprehend. Thinking about this makes me think of that book, A Wrinkle in Time, in which Mrs. Whatsit places an ant on a tight piece of string and then loosens it, instantly bringing the ant to the other side. I don't know. I'm always on the cusp of understanding what that has to do with time, but I won't pretend to be good with those concepts here. I'm the woman with the words, and even that doesn't always turn out right.

No complaints, no impatience (usually), and no desire to slow down---just wondering.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm totally math guy. Or at least I used to be.

    I don't know what my area of academic expertise is anymore. Hopefully I can regain some of my number know-how when I start my accounting courses. :)

    ReplyDelete