Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The only prank I know I'll remember forever:

The Old Gargoyle is a blogger that I strongly recommend to all....5 or 6 of my followers (I'm counting the unofficial ones). He's responsible for my favorite April Fool's joke ever. I didn't fall for it, but it was fun to watch.

It's April Fool's day about in 2003.... and a test day in dear old Gargoyle's class. We're all sitting with out pencils out, a few students trembling. He never made Theology a "gimme" course, God bless him.

"Students," he declared in that even, yet mischievous voice, "Happy April Fools Day. There is no exam today."

There were actual sighs of relief. People started taking out their notes.

"Students! Surely..... April Fools!" Then he passed out the test.

This is one of the reasons he was my favorite high school teacher--that and he's practically responsible for me getting together with The Fellow (Brother Jake). You are invited to the imminent wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment