Friday, January 23, 2009

Another dream

I'll post any interesting dreams here. I might have already. The latest one (Friday morning, 1/23/09) played heavily on my love of online gaming. When I die in World of Warcraft, I can walk around in spirit form and find my body. Well, in this dream, I lived in a futuristic society... think Logan's Run meets The Jetsons--an eerie dystopia that was obnoxiously convenient: Robots everywhere, high up in the air, and if you ever made it off of the city there was a raw frontier below. Only there was no strange creature/robot screaming "Fish! Protein! Gifts from the sea!"

So anyway, there are these intruders who look a lot like Jawas with gray robes. Their eyes are still red, but they speak in this low, kind of electric gurgle. They've killed off all the politicians and have taken over. I try and fight them, and I die. So I wander around in my spirit form trying to get someone to raise me from the dead, or cast a "Resurrection Spell," I guess. I can touch things but not people. I start throwing papers into the air and moving things around, trying to guide someone to me.

Jake finally follows me to my body and puts his hands on my head. He says something, and I wake up with a start. But I'm possessed by something, and he has to kill me again or I'm going to kill him. So he tries it again, only this time he has some kind of gun ready that will shoot a sticky/putty-like substance that will pin me to the wall so someone can drive the evil spirit out. So he figures out how to make me me again, and we decide to sneak out of the city.

I want to get a haircut and a new face, so we go to this nearby salon (yes, it's that easy in the future). I picked out a slightly similar face with a few subtle changes, and I had them cut off nearly all of my hair. Then, we put on hoodies and snuck past the rows of Jawa-like politicians walking through the streets.

It's kind of a shameful dream. I didn't even try to stop the Jawa men. Frankly, there were no details in the dream as to why I wanted to stop them. Maybe their coup was for the good of humanity. Maybe they killed off corrupt, evil men, and I didn't realize it. So, it's open to each individual--were the Jawa-like men evil, or did I misunderstand them? Is that why I left? At any rate, we made it to the land and ran off into the mountains. It was very quiet, and the sky was full of cirrus clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment